On November 26, 2018, a 3-day study visit in the Municipality of Heraklion (Crete) was held from a delegation of the Institute of Mediterranean Forest Ecosystems of the Hellenic Agricultural Organization ‘Demeter’ and the Environmental Management Company HOMEOTECH Co. The overall project has been presented to the Mayor Mr. Lambrinos, by the coordinator of the project Dr. K. Tsagkari. The aim of the study visit was to explore the current situation of Urban Green Areas and to select pilot areas for the implementation of the projects’ actions. The above meeting is within the context of the preparatory actions pf the project and particularly in regard with the elaboration of a report on the overall assessment of the current situation in the partner municipalities and a SWOT analysis.
- Micrometeorology course by Dr. Nikolaos Prutsos
- Environmental education activities
- Networking Day on the Institutionalization of Urban Greenery Management
- Information and Networking Day on: Establishing Urban Green Management for Adaptation to Climate Change
- Meeting between executives of the Green Department of the Municipality of Heraklion and Researchers of the Institute of Mediterranean Forest Ecosystems